Is an inflammation, irritation and ulceration in the cornea, which is a transparent part covering the iris.
- Bad use of contact lenses.
- Bacterial, viral, or fungal infections.
- Pollution and lack of hygiene in crowded places.
- Use of utensils of infected person.
- Corneal scars which will easily cause Keratitis if there is no medical treatment.
- Dry eyes because of disorders of the eyelid or diminished ability to form tears.
- Foreign objects lodged in the eye.
- Blurred vision.
- Eyelid adhesion.
- Difficulty to eye opening.
- Contact lenses wearer should always use sterile lens-cleaning and disinfecting solutions. Tap water is not sterile and should not use for contact lenses cleaning.
- Trimming nails to prevent causing scars to the cornea while you are wearing contact lenses
- It is not recommended to use contact lenses during sleeping or swimming.
- Remove contact lenses in case of eye irritation or redness.
- Maintain a well-balanced diet.
- Using protective glasses during work or play in dangerous situations can reduce Keratitis Development.
- Contact the doctor if you have pain, decreed vision, and redness.