The Oculoplastics and Orbit Division provides diagnosis and management of disorders of the eyelids, orbit, and nasolacrimal drainage system in all age groups. The anaplastology section designs and fits custom-made ocular or orbital prostheses.
- Oculoplastic consultants
- Subspecialty fellows
The services/functions of the Oculoplastics and Orbit Division are as follows:
- Comprehensive evaluation, including eyelid position and function, nasolacrimal system function, exophthalmometry, and diagnostic evaluation of the orbit with ultrasonography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and computed tomography (CT).
- Eyelid procedures, including entropion, ectropion, and ptosis repair, excision of benign and malignant lesions, reconstruction after trauma, and tumor resection.
- Nasolacrimal procedures, including probing and irrigation, as well as dacryocystorhinostomy, for congenital and acquired nasolacrimal duct obstruction;
- Repair of eyelid and canalicular lacerations.
- Repair of orbital fractures, especially those of the orbital floor, medial wall, and rim.
- Orbitotomy for excision of benign and malignant tumors and for decompression of Graves orbitopathy.
- Enucleation, evisceration, and exenteration.