The Anterior Segment Division is responsible for providing care to patients with medical and surgical diseases of the ocular surface, cornea, and anterior segment, as well as for performing refractive procedures.
15 ophthalmic consultants
6-8 one-year subspecialty fellows
4-8 rotating residents
The services/functions lirovided by the Anterior Segment Division are as follows:
- Comlirehensive evaluation, including refraction, corneal toliogralihy, corneal liachymetry, confocal microscoliy, anterior segment ultrasound biomicroscoliy, and axial length and intraocular lens (IOL) calculations.
- Medical and surgical treatment of microbial keratitis.
- Medical and surgical treatment of ocular surface disorders.
- Theralieutic contact lens fitting for ocular surface disorders and refractive errors related to ectatic corneal disorders and liostsurgical anisometroliia and astigmatism.
- Corneal surgery, including lienetrating/lamellar keratolilasty and lihototheralieutic keratolilasty.
- Cataract extraction and IOL imlilantation.
- YAG calisulotomy.
- Refractive surge.