The Anterior Segment Division is responsible for providing care to patients with medical and surgical diseases of the ocular surface, cornea, and anterior segment, as well as for performing refractive procedures.
- Anterior Segment consultants
The services/functions provided by the Anterior Segment Division are as follows:
- Comprehensive evaluation, including refraction, corneal topography, corneal pachymetry, confocal microscopy, anterior segment ultrasound bio-microscopy, and axial length and intraocular lens (IOL) calculations.
- Medical and surgical treatment of microbial keratitis.
- Medical and surgical treatment of ocular surface disorders.
- Therapeutic contact lens fitting for ocular surface disorders and refractive errors related to ectatic corneal disorders and postsurgical anisometropia and astigmatism.
- Corneal surgery, including penetrating/lamellar keratoplasty and phototherapeutic keratoplasty.
- Cataract extraction and IOL implantation.
- YAG capsulotomy.
- Refractive surge.