Admissions for surgical procedures are processed through the Admitting Department, which is located on the ground floor, north of the main fountain lobby, near the pre-hospitalization area. Please present your appointment slip to the department on your arrival at the hospital for surgery. The Admitting Department processes patients for both the Ambulatory Surgical Center and inpatient care.
Documents Needed for Admission
- Identification documents: Saudi ID, iqama, or foreign passport
- Guarantee of payment:
- A deposit, for those who will be paying their own hospital costs. This deposit is an estimate of the costs. Actual charges may differ, based on the actual number of days you are hospitalized and the course of treatment required.
- Companion authorization: Companions must be authorized on admission. Authorization is granted for patients with special needs, such as small children, the elderly, and disabled or blind patients. Companions must be at least 16 years old and in good health. They may not be accompanied by infants or children.
- Companion verification letter: If you need companion verification letter or admitting letter, please inform admitting clerk on admission.
- Request for change of room: The following types of patient rooms are available at KKESH: three-bed shared rooms, single rooms, and two-room suites. Three-bed shared rooms are authorized by most guarantor letters. Single rooms or suites require an additional cost to be paid by the patient, unless the guarantor's letter specifically states otherwise.
- Please do not bring any jewelry or other valuables to the hospital. Valuables that are brought may be stored in the hospital safe for return at discharge or at the patient’s request. You will be given a receipt for any stored valuables. The hospital is not responsible for valuables or money.