Is the detachment of the retina from its underlying layer of support tissue due to holes or tears occurrence
- Retinal holes or Laceration.
- Intraocular infection.
- Eye injury.
- Complications of eye surgery.
- Automatic retinal detachment (for no apparent reason).
- Diabetes due to shrinking of fibrous tissue, which leads to retinal detachment.
- Patient with high level of myopia are more likely to have retinal tears and holes.
- Experience a black or gray shadow affects any part of peripheral vision.
- Black floaters flying in visual filed.
- Sudden light flush.
- Sudden vision impairment.
- Seek medical attention immediately when have any symptoms of retinal detachment to save your vision
- Wearing goggles especially with violent sports, which include blows to the eye.
- Diabetes is threatening disease, which may cause retinal detachment; therefore, control blood sugar as much as possible.