Occurs when there is no enough tears produced to lubricate the eye and keep it healthy and comfortable.
- Eye burning.
- Scratchy feeling in the eye.
- Redness and irritation.
- Uncomfortable feeling when wearing contact lenses.
- Foreign body sensation.
- Inability to read or work on computer or any activity that requires eye concentration for long time.
- Using contact lenses for long time.
- After refractive surgery.
- Using certain medication.
- Thyroid disease.
- Looking on computers and screens for long time (reduced blinking).
- Eye drops and ointments.
- Warm compress and lid cleaning.
- Blocking tears duct.
- Use humidifier.
- Use prescribed drops and ointment.
- Avoid eye strain.