The Anesthesia Department provides quality sedation, topical, local and general anesthesia to all patients undergoing surgical procedures in the operating theater.
The Anesthesia Department is available for all resuscitation procedures 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Consultant Anesthesiologists
- Certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs) and anesthesia specialists (DA)
The services/functions of the Anesthesia Department are as follows:
- Pre-anesthetic assessment of all patients scheduled for elective or emergency surgery with local or general anesthesia in the operating theater.
- Provision of all anesthesia and patient monitoring during surgical procedures.
- Monitoring of postoperative recovery of patients from anesthesia in the post-anesthetic recovery room (PARR).
- Pain management and resuscitative procedures 24 hours a day, seven days a week.