1. Glaucoma patients should follow up with the ophthalmologist to check the intraocular pressure every 3-6 months.
2. Diabetic patients should follow up with the ophthalmologist to check the retina every 3-6 months.
3. Parents should visit an ophthalmologist to check their child’s eyes for the early diagnosis of congenital eye diseases if any.
4. There are some symptoms to which you should pay attention and ask an ophthalmologist to see your child:
1. White or yellow pupil
2. Increase in the size of cornea
3. Involuntary eye movement When your child reaches the age of 6 (School age) you have to see an ophthalmologist for ophthalmic examination to discover the refraction errors if any.